The Bernie Sanders Media Syndrome – Diagnosis/Symptoms
The Bernie Sanders Media Syndrome ("BSMS") is a rather serious disease and sometimes impossible to cure. There are times it goes into remission, you know like this Saturday when channels like CNN and MSNBC became nothing but Bernie channels but don't count on it lasting too long because the Hillary Clinton virus ("HRCV") which is the virus that controls the syndrome just won't seem to go away. Ever. Symptoms of HRCV
- An inexplicable fascination with all things Hillary.
- In inability to accept the fact that Bernie decimated Hillary on battleground states polling involving Donald Trump.
- Thinking that because Hillary actually had 5,500 and some change supporters (her largest crowd to date) attend one of her, um, rallies that people actually like her..like really like her.
- You still believe that Bill Clinton was the first black president and that he was telling the truth when he said he did not have sexual relations with that woman.
- You think the fact that over 50% of Americans dislike her is part of a Berniebro conspiracy theory.
- Delusions of grandeur.
- You think that Bernie is a Communist plotting with President Obama and Raul Castro to make the US and Cuba one nation under a groove.
- The voices in your head are telling you to trust her.
- You think that if you ignore Bernie he will go away.
- You actually think that even if this revolution isn't televised his supporters with go "pouf" and disappear.
If you think that supporters of Bernie Sanders are first and foremost angry about matters of policy -- for instance, the way our broken campaign finance laws, market regulations, and trade policies are destroying the hopes and ambitions of most of America -- you're absolutely right. But that's the long view.